Gyn Exam/Pap Smear
To make sure women stay healthy at every stage of life, they must undergo regular checkups such as pap smears and gynecological exams to assess overall gynecological health. At CareFirst 360 in Mansfield, Texas, our care providers offer pap smears and gynecological examinations. Schedule an in-person or online appointment for a consultation today.
Gyn Exam/Pap Smear Q&A
- The condition of reproductive organs
- The possibility of cancer including ovarian cancer and breast cancer
- Visual examination of vagina & vulva for the presence of sores, redness, vaginal discharge
- Manual examination using gloved hands to check issues in the uterus and ovary
- Collection of pap smear to determine the presence of cancer
- Insertion of speculum device into the vagina to keep the vaginal wall open for vagina and cervix examination
- Gentle scraping of cells from the cervix using a spatula-like device
- Laboratory screening of the collected specimen for abnormalities that indicates cervical cancer or sexually transmitted diseases
To assess your gynecological health status, request a consultation at CareFirst 360.